Dr. Fred Mattioli, M.D.
Meet Dr. Fred Mattioli, M.D., an independent laser eye surgeon at The LASIK Vision Institute locations listed below. Schedule a free consultation today.
Dr. Mattioli has over 18 years of vision correction experience and has performed over 50,000 laser refractive treatments. He also has performed hundreds of cataract and implant procedures and cosmetic procedures.
Dr. Mattioli has had LASIK himself and has treated many Wounded Warriors.
EDUCATION | TRAINING
Dr. Mattioli received his medical degree from Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine. He did his internship at Northwestern Evanston Hospital and was Chief Resident at the University of Kansas Medical Center. Dr. Mattioli did his fellowship at the Zaldivar Institute in Argentina.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS | HONORS
- International Association of Healthcare Professionals Top
- America’s Top Ophthalmologists 2007
- Bausch & Lomb Career Milestone Recognition 2005, 2008 10,000 procedures
- America’s Top Ophthalmologists Recognition Refractive Surgery 2007
- Chief Resident, KU Ophthalmology 1999-2000
- Resident of the Year, KU Ophthalmology 1998-1999
- Honors: Ophthalmology, Internal Medicine Sub-internship 1995
- 3rd Place, Texas Medical Association Annual Research Exhibition, Austin, TX 1994
- Sigma Xi Student Research and Creative Activities Days Recognition Award 1994
- 1st Place, TTUHSC Student Research Day, Lubbock TX 1993
- Alpha Epsilon Delta Pre-Med Honor Society 1987-1988,1989-1990
MEMBERSHIPS | AFFILIATIONS
- American Association of Physician Specialists
- American Board of Physician Specialties, Diplomat
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- American Association of Cosmetic Surgeons
- Houston Ophthalmological Society
- Harris County Medical Society
- International Society of Refractive Surgery
- PanAmerican Association of Ophthalmology
- Texas Medical Association