As you learn more about LASIK vision correction, you’re sure to have some questions about the cost of LASIK eye surgery. To make LASIK as accessible as possible, The LASIK Vision Institute offers a number of options to help patients manage the cost of vision correction. Ahead, we’ll help you understand the cost of LASIK, along with the financial tools available for fitting vision correction into your budget.
The Cost of LASIK in Clear Terms
Financing your LASIK vision correction doesn’t have to be complicated. We always aim to offer competitive, affordable pricing, and provide financing or savings options to help meet your needs. Here are a few of the most popular tools for covering the cost of LASIK eye surgery:
- Clear LASIK Pricing – With the LASIK Vision Institute, you never have to guess about the cost of your procedure. During your free LASIK consultation, we’ll review your LASIK cost based on your prescription and vision correction needs. We’ll also be happy to answer any questions you may have about the procedure and how we make LASIK more affordable.
Request a Free LASIK ConsultationGET STARTED
- Financing Options – Our financing programs give you the flexibility to fit a payment plan into your budget. Most of our patients qualify for one of our financing options, and we’ll work with you to identify the best financing plan for your needs.
- Insurance Coverage Discounts – Did you know that your vision or health insurance may help pay for your LASIK vision correction? The LASIK Vision Institute also offers an insurance matching program, and will match your insurance company’s contribution for up to 20 percent of the procedure’s cost. Consult your individual policy or your company’s HR department to learn more about insurance coverage for LASIK.
- HSA and FSA – Health Savings Accounts (HSA) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) offer an income tax-free option to save for qualified medical expenses. Using funds from your HSA or FSA to cover your LASIK cost is simple, and you’ll have an opportunity to learn about how much of these funds you can apply toward your procedure during your LASIK consultation. Not sure if you have an FSA or HSA account? Ask your employer about opportunities to enroll.
- Tax Refunds – Expecting a tax return this year? Use your tax refund to help pay for LASIK! Many of our patients use their tax returns to help offset the cost of their procedure and make LASIK at The LASIK Vision Institute even more affordable.
If you don’t see a financing or savings option that fits your needs, don’t worry! We work hard to make LASIK eye surgery affordable for everyone, and we’ll work with you to find a solution for your budget.
Common FAQs About LASIK:
A: The initial healing process after LASIK typically takes about 24 to 48 hours. However, it may take several weeks for your vision to stabilize fully. During this time, you may experience some minor pain, itching, or discomfort as your eyes heal.
A: While LASIK is not entirely pain-free, most patients do not experience any pain during the procedure. Eye drops are used to numb the surface of the eyes, and the lack of heavy sedation means patients won’t experience grogginess or a foggy feeling afterward. During the procedure, patients may feel some pressure and discomfort, but not pain.
A: LASIK is a safe and effective procedure for most patients. However, like any surgery, it does carry some risks. Potential complications include infection, inflammation, or problems with the flap. These risks are rare and can usually be treated with medication or additional surgery if needed.
A: Yes, LASIK can be performed on both eyes at the same time. This is typically the preferred method, as it allows for a more symmetrical correction of vision.
A: LASIK is generally considered an elective procedure and is not typically covered by insurance. However, some insurance plans may offer partial coverage or discounts for LASIK surgery.
Schedule A Free LASIK Consultation Today
Find a Location
We’re located nationwide – it’s easy to find a LASIK Vision Center near you.