Dr. Frederick Nelson, MD is a Comprehensive Ophthalmologist that specializes in Refractive (LASIK and PRK) and Cataract Surgery.
Dr Nelson is currently the Medical Director of Ophthalmology at Nellis Air Force Base and is an Assistant Professor of Surgery at the Uniformed Services University, “America’s Medical School.”
Dr. Nelson completed his medical school training in the Washington, DC area and Ophthalmology Residency in San Antonio, Tx.
Dr. Nelson is passionate about eye surgery and caring for his patients and is dedicated to making sure each of his patients has an excellent experience. As a recipient of LASIK himself, he is focused on making the experience of receiving refractive surgery as smooth and as enjoyable as possible. Witnessing patients benefit and being able to see after LASIK is Dr. Nelson’s personal favorite aspect of his job and he is excited to be able to deliver that benefit when you come to get laser vision correction.
Dr. Nelson is very active in life and in his community. He enjoys pickleball, football, hiking, camping, running, and spending time with his wife and 4 children.
EDUCATION | TRAINING
- Brigham Young University, BS in Public Health
- Uniformed Services University in Bethesda Maryland, MD
San Antonio Uniformed Services University of The Health Sciences, Internship and Residency
MEMBERSHIPS | AFFILIATIONS
- Uniformed Services University – Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology
- PreserVisionaries, Co-founder, Director of Campaigns (non-profit)
- Medical Director of Ophthalmology – Nellis Air Force Base
- Active Duty, United States Air Force
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Gold Humanism Honors Society – President from 2017-2018