Is LASIK an Option for Those with Bad Eyesight?
Living with vision problems can turn even simple tasks – like watching television or a live sporting event – into a real hassle. While glasses and/or contact lenses can make those tasks easier to manage, they also come with their own unique drawbacks.
If you’re tired of dealing with vision problems and would like to rely less on glasses or contacts, there is another option. LASIK eye surgery is a popular procedure for addressing common vision problems, and now is a great time to ask your eye doctor about whether laser eye surgery is the right choice for your vision health needs.
LASIK Eye Surgery Benefits
Have you ever forgotten your glasses or contacts before a big event? Have you lost a contact lens, or had your glasses accidentally broken at the wrong time? While nobody can promise that you’ll never have to wear glasses or contacts again, laser eye surgery may help reduce your reliance on the typical vision correction devices. For many people with bad eyesight, the benefits of LASIK start with lifestyle freedoms:
- It’s not just lost or damaged glasses and contacts that can cause a hassle in day-to-day life, but the cost of glasses and contact lenses can be significant.
- Everyone experiences the benefits of LASIK in their own way, and those benefits often include the many lifestyle freedoms that come with having to worry less about your vision problems.
- LASIK surgery is an option for addressing the most common vision problems, including nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism.
- The procedure takes just 15 minutes for both eyes and is performed on an outpatient basis so that you get to go home the same day.
- Is LASIK right for you? If you’re over 18 years of age, have had a steady vision prescription for at least one year, and are in good overall health, then you’re off to a great start! Ask your eye doctor for more information on how LASIK may fit your vision health needs.
- LASIK can be affordable! There are a variety of potential financing options available for people considering LASIK eye surgery, and you can learn more by visiting your local LASIK Vision Institute location.
Schedule Your Free LASIK Consultation to Learn More
Interested in learning more about the benefits of laser eye surgery, and finding out how LASIK may fit your needs? Start by scheduling your free consultation at your local LASIK Vision Institute location.
During your free consultation, you’ll have the opportunity to discuss your options with a LASIK specialist, find answers to all of your key questions, and learn more about the various laser eye surgery options available to people with vision problems. You can schedule your free consultation with a phone call, or by filling out the quick contact form on our website.