Serving Patients At:
Towson, MD 21204
Dr. Pasternak has over 25 years of experience as a refractive surgeon with the United States military. As a participant in the FDA trials to approve laser surgery in the US, Dr. Pasternak was the first military eye surgeon in the US to perform refractive surgery. He founded the Laser Vision Center at Bethesda Naval Hospital, and developed and ran the program to offer LASIK to US Naval Academy midshipmen, opening up career options for over 8,000 new military officers over the last 20 years. Dr. Pasternak was instrumental in studies determining the safety and effectiveness of LASIK surgery in Navy and Marine Corps aviators, which ultimately led to approval of LASIK surgery for all warfighters. Dr. Pasternak has performed over 10,000 eye surgeries and has trained over 80 surgeons in the art of refractive surgery. Dr. Pasternak now brings his years of experience of performing and studying LASIK surgery, and his dedication to safety, predictability and the best possible outcomes to the patients.
Dr. Pasternak has been happily married for 25+ years and is the father of three young adults. In his free time he enjoys tennis, skiing, fitness and cooking.
EDUCATION | TRAINING
- US Naval Academy, B.S.
- F. Edward Hebert Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, M.D.
- Naval Hospital San Diego, Internship
- National Naval Medical Center, Ophthalmology Residency
- Cornea, Refractive and External Disease, Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins University, Fellowship.
MEMBERSHIPS | AFFILIATIONS
- American Board of Ophthalmology, Board Certified
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ASCRS)
- Society of Military Ophthalmologists (SMO)