1. What information do we collect from you?
2. Where do we collect information from you and how do we use it?
3. With whom do we share your information?
4. How can you update, correct or delete your Personally Identifiable Information?
5. What are your choices regarding collection, use and distribution of your information?
6. What security precautions are in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of your information?
8. What should you know about privacy policies and data collection at any third party sites accessible from the Websites?
9. What else should you know about your privacy online?
1. What information do we collect from you? In order to better provide you with LVI’s numerous services, we collect two types of information about LVI’s users: Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information. LVI’s primary goal in collecting information from you is to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience while using the Websites.
Personally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are. When you engage in certain activities on the Websites, such as registering for a membership, ordering a product or service, submitting content and/or posting content in discussion forums or other public areas, entering a contest or sweepstakes, filling out a survey, or sending us feedback, we may ask you to provide certain information about yourself by filling out and submitting an online form. It is completely optional for you to engage in these activities. If you elect to engage in these activities, however, we may ask that you provide us personal information, such as your first and last name, mailing address (including zip code), email address, employer, job title and department, telephone and facsimile numbers, and other personal identifying information. If you order products or services on the Websites, you may be asked to provide a credit card number. Depending upon the activity, some of the information we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information: This refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. We gather certain information about you based upon the portion(s) of the Websites that you visit. This information is compiled and analyzed on both a personal and an aggregated basis. This information may include the website’s Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) that you just came from, which URL you go to next, what browser you are using, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. A URL is the global address of documents and other resources on the World Wide Web. An IP address is an identifier for a computer or device on a Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (“TCP/IP”) network, such as the World Wide Web (“Web”). Networks like the Web use the TCP/IP protocol to route information based on the IP address of the destination. In other words, an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web, allowing web servers to locate and identify your computer. Computers require IP addresses in order for users to communicate on the Internet.
2. When do we collect information from you and how do we use it? We do not collect any Personally Identifiable Information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. You provide certain Personally Identifiable Information to us when you:
(a) register for LVI’s services, request an appointment, or register your e-mail address with us (including any registration in connection with the Websites);
(b) enter sweepstakes or contests sponsored by us or one of LVI’s affiliates;
(c) sign up for special offers from selected third parties;
(d) send e-mail messages, submit forms or transmit other information by telephone or letter; or
(e) submit your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services on the Websites.
We may also collect information from you at other points when the Websites state that such information is being collected.
In addition, we may also collect, or LVI’s third party ad server and/or content server may collect (if applicable), certain Non-Personally Identifiable Information. This information is ultimately stored in the form of storage categories, and, in some cases, specific URLs. We use your IP address to diagnose problems with LVI’s servers, software, to administer LVI’s Websites and to gather demographic information. LVI’s third party ad servers will also provide us with summary, but not individual, reports that will tell us what you clicked on.
3. With whom do we share your information? We do not sell, trade, or rent your Personally Identifiable Information to others except that LVI may (i) sell or transfer Personally Identifiable Information to third parties in connection with any merger, acquisition, reorganization, change in capital structure, or sale of all or substantially all of the assets of LVI or the Websites, or (ii) provide Personally Identifiable Information to LVI marketing partners. Notwithstanding the foregoing, LVI does provide some of its services through contractual arrangements with affiliates, services providers, partners and other third parties. We and our service partners use your Personally Identifiable Information to operate the Websites and to deliver their services. For example, we must release your credit card information to the card-issuing bank to confirm payment for products and services purchased on the Websites; release your address information to the delivery service to deliver products that you ordered; and provide order information to third parties that help us provide customer service.
We will encourage LVI’s service partners and marketing partners to adopt and post privacy policies. However, the use of your Personally Identifiable Information by LVI’s service partners is governed by the privacy policies of those service partners, and is not subject to LVI’s control.
Occasionally we may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide Personally Identifiable Information to the appropriate governmental authorities. We will disclose Personally Identifiable Information upon receipt of a court order, subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation. We fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use LVI’s services for illegal activities. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful.
We may also provide Non-Personally Identifiable Information about LVI’s customers’ sales, traffic patterns, and related information to third party advertisers, but these statistics do not include any Personally Identifiable Information.
4. How can you update or correct your Personally Identifiable Information? We believe you should have the ability to access and edit the Personally Identifiable Information that you have provided to us. You may access and correct your personal information and privacy preferences by writing or e-mailing us at:
2000 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd #800
West Palm Beach, FL 33409
Please include your name, address, and/or e-mail address when you contact us.
We encourage you to promptly update your Personally Identifiable Information if it changes. You may ask to have the information on your account deleted or removed; however, because we keep track of past
transactions, you cannot delete information associated with past transactions on the Websites. In addition, it may be impossible to completely delete your information without some residual information retention because of backup systems.
5. What are your choices regarding collection, use, and distribution of your information? LVI and LVI’s marketing partners may, from time to time, send you e-mail or direct mail regarding products and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want to receive such mailings, simply tell us when you give us your personal information.
You also have choices with respect to cookies, as described below. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject all cookies, some parts of the Websites may not work properly as a result of that election.
6. What security precautions are in place to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information? You can be assured that your Personally Identifiable Information received in connection with the use of the Websites is secure, consistent with current industry standards. The importance of security for all Personally Identifiable Information associated with the Websites’ users is of utmost concern to us.
In order to most efficiently serve you, credit card transactions and order fulfillment are handled by established third party banking, processing agents and distribution institutions. They receive the information needed to verify and authorize your credit card or other payment information and to process and ship your order.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, you acknowledge that: (a) the Internet has security and privacy which are beyond LVI’s control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through the Websites cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
7. Do we use “cookies”? When you use the Websites we will store cookies on your computer in order to facilitate and customize your use of the Websites. A cookie is a small data text file, which is stored on your computer’s hard drive (if your internet browser permits) that can later be retrieved to identify you to us. The cookies make your use of the Websites easier, make the Websites run more smoothly and help us to maintain secure Websites. You are always free to decline cookies if your browser permits, but some parts of the Websites may not work properly in that case.
We may use an outside ad serving company to display banner advertisements on the Websites. As part of their service, they may place a separate cookie on your computer. We may provide a third-party ad server with any of your Personally Identifiable Information or information about your interests.
9. What else should you know about your privacy online? You must be at least 18 years old to have LVI’s permission to use the Websites. LVI’s policy is that we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose Personally Identifiable Information about visitors that are under 18 years of age. If LVI obtains actual knowledge that it has collected personal information about a child under the age of 18, that information will be immediately deleted from its database. Because it does not knowingly or intentionally collect such information, to the best of its knowledge and belief, LVI has no such information to use or to disclose to a third party. LVI has designed this policy in order to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
You should also be aware that if Personally Identifiable Information is voluntarily disclosed (i.e. your name, e-mail address, etc.) in other public areas on the Websites, that information, along with any information disclosed in your communication, can be collected and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages from third parties. Such activities are beyond LVI’s control and this Policy does not apply to such information. Any submissions to public areas on the Websites are accepted with the understanding that they are accessible to all third parties. If you do not want your comments to be viewed by third parties, you are advised not to make any submissions. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and/or account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you’re online.
Attn: Privacy Compliance Officer
2000 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd #800
West Palm Beach, FL 33409
You may also contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org