Dr. John Kownacki, M.D.
Meet Dr. John Kownacki, M.D., an independent laser eye surgeon at The LASIK Vision Institute locations listed below. Schedule a free consultation today.
John J. Kownacki, M.D. is a highly skilled and experienced eye surgeon. Dr. Kownacki received his M.D. degree and performed his ophthalmology residency at St. Louis University. He is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and was the Chief Ophthalmologist for the Air Force at Davis- Monthan AFB. He has performed studies in the field of refractive surgery and practices the latest technologies using the most up-to-date equipment.
He was certified on the first excimer laser approved in the U.S. in 1995, is now certified on the latest wavefront excimer lasers, and has performed more than 65,000 LASIK refractive surgery procedures. He was the first surgeon in California to perform the newest FDA approved Custom Ablation treatment. He is so confident in the LASIK procedure that he has had LASIK himself, and performed LASIK on his wife, father, mother, brothers and father-in-law. You will not find another surgeon more committed to providing his patients the best that modern medicine has to offer.
Licensure and Board Certification:
- Licensed in California, Arizona, and Missouri
- 1994, Certified Diplomat of the American Board of Ophthalmology
- 1990, National Board of Medical Examiners
Other Professional Positions & Major Appointments:
- 1990-1993 Chief Ophthalmologist, USAF
Awards & Honors:
- 1997, Air Force Commendation Medal
- 1995, Air Force Achievement Medal
- 1993, F. Jerald Harrison Award: faculty award for most outstanding ophthalmology resident, St. Louis University
Regain your vision today! To schedule a free evaluation with Dr. John Kownacki, call us today or fill out the form on this page.
Find Out About Other LASIK Surgeons: