Serving Patients At:
Sandy, UT 84093
Dr. Christopher Bryant Smith, M.D. is a fellowship-trained and board-certified ophthalmologist, with over 9 years of experience. After graduating from medical school at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Austin, TX, he went on to complete his ophthalmology residency at St. Louis University where he was named Top Resident of his class and served as Chief Resident. He then continued onto Salt Lake City, UT to successfully complete one of the best cornea and refractive fellowships in the United States at the Moran Eye Center.
Dr. Smith is passionate about teaching and training others in ophthalmology. He has been published in several ophthalmology journals and regularly presents at various continuing medical education (CME) conferences. He actively participates as a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Board of Ophthalmology, and the Utah Ophthalmology Society.
Dr. Smith is passionate about LASIK and is an extremely practiced and knowledgeable laser eye surgeon who strives to achieve the best results for each and every one of his patients. He says, “The world is a beautiful place. We want you to see it clearly and enjoy it.”
In his free time, Dr. Smith enjoys being outside with his family as well as running, biking, and skiing. He is also an avid reader who is always looking for a good book and loves getting reading suggestions from his patients.
EDUCATION | TRAINING
- Brigham Young University, B.S.
- University of Texas Medical Branch in Austin, Texas, M.D.
- University of Nebraska Medical Center, Internship
- Saint Louis University Eye Institute, Ophthalmology Residency Chief resident (2016-2017)
- University of Utah, Moran Eye Center, Cornea/Refractive Fellowship
MEMBERSHIPS | AFFILIATIONS
- American Board of Ophthalmology, Board-Certified
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Utah Ophthalmology Society