Board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology, Dr. Gary Legault, M.D. has been performing laser eye surgery since 2011. At Duke university, Dr. Legault completed a cornea and refractive surgery fellowship and now concentrates on LASIK and PRK. He has participated in FDA refractive surgery studies as a surgeon which has led him to publish related articles and book chapters about the subject. Dr. Legault loves to teach and for the last several years, he has served as the SAUSHEC Ophthalmology Residency Program Director. He is also an Associate Professor in Surgery at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences in Bethesda, Maryland.
In his free time, Dr. Legault loves to spend time with his family and coach his kids’ youth sports teams. He also enjoys spending time in nature, especially while scouting, running, and skiing.
EDUCATION | TRAINING
• University of Tennessee, Computer Science, B.S.
• Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, M.D.
• SAUSHEC, Transitional Year Internship
• SAUSHEC, Ophthalmology Residency
• Duke University, Cornea/Refractive Surgery Fellowship
MEMBERSHIPS | AFFILIATIONS
• American Academy of Ophthalmology
• Texas Medical Association
• Texas Ophthalmological Association
• Refractive Surgery Alliance
• Association of University Professors of Ophthalmology
• American Society of Ophthalmic Trauma
• Society of Military Ophthalmologists
• American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
• Alpha Omega Alpha Lifetime
• Association of Military Surgeons of the United States
• Catholic Medical Association