Double board-certified laser eye surgeon, Dr. Sean Edelstein, M.D., is also a diplomat of the American Board of Ophthalmology and Internal Medicine. He completed a Cornea and Refractive Surgery fellowship at Washington University in St. Louis.
At St. Louis University, Dr. Edelstein is an Associate Professor and the Director of Cornea Services for their residency training program. He focuses on laser vision correction, lens-based, and cataract surgery, and corneal transplantation. Since 2011, Dr. Edelstein has been recognized as one of the Best Doctors in America each year. In his spare time, he enjoys traveling, cycling, and spending time with his family.
EDUCATION | TRAINING
- University of Cape Town, M.D., South Africa
- Internal Medicine Residency, St. Mary’s Health Center, St. Louis, MO
- Ophthalmology Residency, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
- Cornea & Refractive Surgery Fellowship, Washington University School of Medicine
MEMBERSHIPS | AFFILIATIONS
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Eye Bank Association of America
- Cornea Society
- Missouri Society of Eye Physicians & Surgeons – Past President
- Mid-American Transplant & Eye Bank, Saint Louis, MO – Assistant Medical Director