Serving Patients At:
Chicago Office2311 West 22nd street
Oak Brook, IL 60523
Tinley Park Office16335 S. Harlem Avenue Suite 200
Tinley Park, IL 60477
Jonathan S. McGlothan, M.D. is a board-certified Ophthalmologist and highly experienced refractive surgeon who has performed over 80,000 LASIK and PRK procedures.
Prior to going to college, Dr. McGlothan’s passion was computers, building computers, and helping others understand and use computer technology. This passion for computers and understanding advanced technology and precision led him into becoming a doctor, specifically in Ophthalmology and refractive surgery.
Dr. McGlothan is an expert surgeon that has been practicing refractive surgery for more than 20 years and is dedicated to achieving outstanding results for his patients. He is considered one of the most experienced refractive surgeons in the United States.
Dr. McGlothan is married with two grown children. He’s a frequent world traveler, a private pilot (ask him about his land-speed record!), an all-around sports fan, loves the outdoors, and is a self-proclaimed Sci-Fi trivia champion.
EDUCATION | TRAINING
- Pacific Lutheran University, B.S. Biology, Tacoma, WA
- University of Washington School of Medicine, M.D., Seattle, WA
- George Washington University School of Medicine, Rotating Internship, Washington, DC
- Howard University Hospital, Ophthalmology Residency, Washington, DC
- Baylor College of Medicine, Cullen Eye Institute, Fellowship in Glaucoma, Houston, TX
MEMBERSHIPS | AFFILIATIONS
- American Board of Ophthalmology, Board Certified
- American Medical Association, Physicians Achievement Award
- American Academy of Ophthalmology, Fellow
- Diplomate of the American Board of Medical Examiners
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, Member
- Refractive Surgery Alliance Society, Member
- International Refractive Surgery Society, Member