Since 2012, Dr. Matthew Debiec has been credentialed and performing laser eye surgery. During his time at Walter Reed Hospital, he served as Chief and Chairman of Ophthalmology and performed LASIK on military patients from all branches of service as part of the Walter Reed Refractive Surgery Division.
Additionally, Dr. Debiec completed a Vitreoretinal Surgery Fellowship at the Emory Eye Center in Atlanta, Georgia. He also teaches as an Assistant Professor of Surgery at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USUHS) and has several publications on various ophthalmologic topics. In addition, Dr. Debiec also spent time in Afghanistan where he provided ophthalmologic surgical care while deployed.
Dr. Debiec truly cares for all of his patients and focuses on providing the best possible outcomes to all he treats.
EDUCATION | TRAINING
· United States Military Academy at West Point, B.S.
· University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, M.D.
· Madigan Army Medical Center, Internship Residency
· Madigan Army Medical Center, Ophthalmology Residency
· Emory Eye Center, Fellowship
MEMBERSHIPS | AFFILIATIONS
· American Board of Ophthalmology, Board Certified
· American Academy of Ophthalmology, Member
· Association of University Professors of Ophthalmology
· American Society of Retina Surgeons
· Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences