LASIK Doctor & Surgeon:
Dr. James Abrams, M.D.
LASIK surgeon, Dr. James Abrams, M.D., an independent laser eye surgeon, serves The LASIK Vision Institute Oakland location. Schedule a Free Evaluation Today.
Dr. James Abrams performed the first refractive surgical procedure (RK) and the first LASIK procedure in San Mateo County, and in fact he has performed over 30,000 LASIK procedures. With over 25 years in the refractive industry, his unparalleled experience makes him the leader in giving his patients the high-definition vision they want. Dr. Abrams has been involved in research, teaching and lecturing to other doctors, and has published articles in the Ophthalmology press.
- Dr. Abrams personally performed the first Radial Keratotomy in San Mateo County in 1984.
- Dr. Abrams performed the first LASIK vision procedure in San Mateo County in 1997, and has performed over 30,000 LASIK procedures
- Dr. Abrams is skilled in alternative vision correction technologies such as PRK, Cataract surgery, Intraocular Lens (IOL) implants, Intacs refractive implants, Incisional Keratotomy and Conductive Keratoplasty.
- Dr. Abrams received his ophthalmology residency training at the famed Mayo Clinic after his General Surgery Training at UCLA, and went to medical school at the University of Kansas, where his father and two brothers also became physicians.
- Dr. Abrams frequently treats cases referred by other LASIK surgeons and has a well-founded reputation among his peers as a leading eye surgeon in the Bay Area.
In summary, Dr. Abrams is experienced in the full breadth of medical and surgical eye care, including Custom Wavefront-Guided laser vision correction. He is equally skilled at performing cataract and refractive lens exchange surgery and glaucoma surgery,
and in fact is comfortable and skilled in the multiple facets of the management of most eye conditions.
Dr. Abrams’ commitment and experience have earned him a reputation for the pursuit of excellence and for providing satisfaction beyond his patients’ expectations.
Find Out About Other LASIK Surgeons:
Dr. Michael Insler is a graduate of the University of Miami Medical School and is an experienced and well-respected refractive surgeon.Dr. Insler has performed over 50,000 surgeries. ...
John J. Kownacki, M.D. is a highly skilled and experienced eye surgeon. Dr. Kownacki received his M.D. degree and performed his ophthalmology residency at St. Louis University. He is board certified b ...